Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Sick Day

Pilgrim State Hospital, Long Island, 2009
Sick, working from home today, first illness since a devastating case of the flu 10 years ago.  Alternating shivers and sweats all last night, but feeling much better already.  Despite the sickness, still managed to get a report sent out, remotely directed a field environmental clean-up project, talked with a potential new client, and set up an appointment to meet with another new client tomorrow.

Meanwhile, the last doctor infected with Ebola in the United States has been cured and released from the hospital today.  The government has shown that it can, in fact, deal with a medical crisis like this, although I'm pretty sure that all of the politicians who stirred up fear about the disease and criticized the President for not being responsive enough won't be lining up to congratulate him any time soon. But remember, President Reagan ignored AIDS, wouldn't even mention the word, until over 20,849 Americans had died of the disease.  So tell me again how Obama's response to Ebola was insufficient? 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Once, when I was young, I fell ill one morning. I didn't go in to work and it was the day my coworkers threw me a big baby shower. They enjoyed all the cake and goodies. I enjoyed hugging a toilet to rid myself of some goody I had eaten the night before. For every illness there is a bright side, and for every bright side there is an illness going on somewhere. When leaders are not ill themselves, they sometimes ignore the other.