Monday, January 06, 2014

Tongue Stuck to Doorknob


For those of you keeping score at home, I survived the first day of outdoor field work in this arctic blast of cold weather (I refuse to call it "Arctic Vortex" like every other news report on line). Six and a half hours outdoors, with temperatures starting at 28 F and dropping all day from there.  Morning temp tomorrow is forecast to be 6 degrees.

But here's the funny (as in mildly ironic) part - it was so cold that even though I was willing to tough it out, my electronic testing equipment failed.  The LED readouts turned to gibberish in the cold.  I called the manufacturer and was told that the "climate range" of the equipment I was using is between 32  and 99 F, and that I'd have to wait for things to warm up until I could resume my testing.  So I don't have to go out again tomorrow after all.

1 comment:

misslesley said...

My electronics stopped working in Arizona one time. For the opposite reason.