Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Welcome To Pine Log


Picturesque tunnel in Pine Log, Georgia.  Let's drive through and see what there is to see on the Other Side.


Ummm, wait a minute. . . This may not turn out the way I expected.


I didn't mean literally pass on to the Other Side.  I just wanted to see what was through there.  

Spooky introduction to the North Georgia town of Pine Log.


A cool wet day at the foothills of the mountains, right at the cusp between summer and autumn.  A brief respite from the grind of the office and the bustle of Rocktober.  Nostalgia for the past, mixed with the realities of the present.


Clear, still water reflects the canopy above, yet continuously flows.


A different tunnel (same height), a little further down the road.



I don't know why I like driving through these tunnels as much as I do ("paging Dr. Freud?"), but I take comfort in knowing that they're still up there.

No comments: