Thursday, October 06, 2011

This Is Atlanta


I got out of the office today and down into some of the real Atlanta - not the bustling places the tourists see, but the grittier side of town I seldom get to visit, the parts that remind me that this city was built around rail.  


Speaking of rail, here's a stretch of the proposed Atlanta Beltline, a redevelopment plan based upon the City's rail legacy.


Apocalyptic graffiti reading "The Last Days Has Begun."


A more optimistic mural on the side of a building, "Your Southern Home Away From Home."


Graffiti is everywhere.


Some old buildings and interiors.





This is one of my favorite residences in Atlanta.  Someone converted this old water tower into a home.


See? Someone actually lives in there.


Paranoia.  Am I being followed?


Nothing to fear.
Welcome to Atlanta.
Also, this:



1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow..............excellent..............sense.............