Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Arctic Monkeys, Smith Westerns - The Tabernacle, Atlanta



Retreat was inevitable.  I was running out of options.  Both the I Ching and Sun-tzu advise that when faced with an overwhelming force, the wise know when to withdraw.  The only path forward was to reverse course.

To put it another way, if I continued my Rocktober goal of attending a different venue every time, I may have gone from hanging out at some guy's garage to possibly sitting in your living room, in your home, listening to some dudes of whom you've never heard.  I was out of new venues to attend.  It was time to go back and start re-visiting some places, and I started this evening with the Tabernacle.

Here's the opening band, Chicago's Smith Westerns:






Headliners were Sheffield, England's Arctic Monkeys.



Here are their pics:














In addition to being smoke-free, The Tabernacle started the show on time and allowed me to get home before 11:00 p.m., both for which I'm enormously grateful.  

No comments: