Thursday, September 08, 2011

Little Dragon


The Number 20 bus was running on time and I was able to make it across town to the Doug Fir Lounge with plenty of time to see Little Dragon's 10:30 am set. What's more, I got there in time not only to get right up front, but I was literally reach-out-and-touch-the-band close (not that I did any such thing).  Anyway, Little Dragon played an intimate set to maybe 100 fellow early risers (probably less).  "I just got up," explained singer Yukimi Nagano, but by the end of the first song, "Ritual Union," she was as alive and radiant as she was last Saturday night. After seeing them in front of such a large crowd at Bumbershoot, it was awesome to see them so close and so personal at this morning's set.

Update:  Just found this video of  the set on the KEXP web site:

No comments: