Sunday, September 11, 2011

Band of Horses, Part Two


Pioneer Courthouse Square, MFNW. The festivities officially come to a close with a performance by Band of Horses. Their slightly countrified rock is more rock in concert than slightly countrified, which is good, and they have enough hits to hold the interest of even the most ADD audience member. I have been a fan for many years now, but this was my first time seeing them live. A good wrap-up to a long week of music.

The biggest crowd of the MFNW outdoor series filled Pioneer Courthouse Square for the concert. It was standing room only throughout the square, and everyone seemed in a great mood for the show. The band played until about 9:30 pm, and didn't come back out for an encore (they probably weren't allowed to due to time limits on the festival's permit - the schedule called for the show to be wrapped up by 9:00).

Now, it's back to my hotel room to see it I can manage to squeeze all my sweaty laundry, new Bumbershoot hoodie, various concert t-shirts, and box full of Powell's books into my luggage (wish me luck on that one!) for the trip back home.

No comments: