Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Antlers, Part Three


I'm too tired from too many nights in a row to write too much about this evening, but let me just say that everything I dislike about The Masquerade manifested itself this evening when I overcame my misgivings about the venue and went to see The Antlers perform there anyway.  It was my third time seeing The Antlers this month, having already seen them twice at MFNW, both at a KEXP morning show at the Doug Fir and later that same day outdoors at Pioneer Courthouse Square.  Despite The Masquerade's best efforts, The Antlers managed to put on a great show, especially for those of us who stayed to the very end.

Yellow Ostrich (below) opened.  I'll post more pictures here or somewhere very soon and write more about the evening, but right now I just want to go to bed and end this evening.


But before I do, I guess I just have to acknowledge that after seeing Glasser and Elbow Tuesday night at Center Stage, The Devil Whale, Thao And the Get Down Stay Down, and The Head And The Heart Wednesday night at Variety Playhouse, and Yellow Ostrich and The Antlers tonight at the dreadful Masquerade, it's now officially Rocktober.  Rocktober isn't necessarily contiguous with its calender month namesake, and it can start in September as it's doing this year or end in November as it did last year.  In either event, it's Rocktober now, and I'm just getting started.

No comments: