Sunday, August 21, 2011


Driving up to Chattanooga this morning, I got a chance to play Asleep On the Floodplain, the Six Organs of Admittance CD that I bought directly from Ben Chasny himself while he was seated over at the merch counter at The Earl last night.  Listening to the disc, I recognized several of the songs from last night's performance, including the closer, Above A Desert I've Never Seen, as well as Light of the Light and Hold But Let Go (probably my favorite piece from last night's performance).  As I blogged last night, he opened his set with Shelter From the Storm, the title track of the only SOA album that I had prior to last night's purchase (there's an electrified version of that song up on last Friday Night's Videos).

But that was the drive up.  We had a good turnout in Chattanooga, including several new faces, some nice meditation, and a discussion period, and afterwards, a few of us enjoyed some fish tacos at Mamacita's.

No comments: