Thursday, July 21, 2011


I just got my Spotify "invite" today and I've been playing around with it for the past few hours.  If I'm not mistaken here, this seems to give me the ability to listen to just about anything I want, anytime I want, with uncountable playlist suggestions and recommendations to similar artists.  No relying on what's available at any given moment, no waiting on downloads, and, if you're willing to sit through some short ads between songs, it's all apparently free.  For a nominal monthly charge, even those short ads go away, I'm told.

The challenge is not in finding what you like, it's in trying to restrain yourself from trying to swallow the entire ocean, from trying to listen to everything all at once.  

I'm not quite sure yet, but I think this changes everything . . . 

Meanwhile, the good folks over at Ohm Park finally got around to posting a video from the Animal Collective concert in suburban Alpharetta earlier this month.  Here 'tis in all its psychedelic glory for your viewing pleasure:

No comments: