Friday, June 03, 2011

Friday Night Video



Twin Sister are a five-piece from Long Island, New York, with members from Sea Cliff and Patchogue — towns about an hour apart from one another, on different coasts, in different counties. I lived in Patchogue from 1974 to 1976, listening to early, post-Roxy Brian Eno and to prog rock, while occasionally taking the train into Manhattan to hear then-still-living jazz masters like Miles Davis, Rahsaan Roland Kirk, and Sun Ra. I briefly drove through Patchogue in July 2009 after visiting the beach, and saw the still-standing remains of the run-down dump of a house I lived in back then.

I understand that some members of Twin Sister have since moved to Brooklyn, while others still call Long Island home. My path eventually led me from Patchogue to Boston and on to Atlanta. Apparently, Twin Sister's path takes them from Chapel Hill, NC to Atlanta for a show tomorrow night at the 529 club, and then on to Dallas and points beyond.

Speaking of journeys, today the ship has been launched. Sorry to be so cryptic for now, but more will be revealed in the coming months.

No comments: