Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Night Videos

At some point during last Wednesday night's performance at The Earl, it dawned on me that Here We Go Magic is now officially one of my favorite bands. Due to some combination of their musical abilities (every member of the quintet contributes something interesting to nearly every song they play), the quality of their songs, and their earnest and sincere presence, I was glad to stay out with them on a weeknight until well past midnight.

Here they are performing Collector at KCRW's studio in Santa Monica:


And here's a video of another favorite band, Fleet Foxes, whom I saw last weekend (it's been a good week for music). This video was shot at New York's United Palace theater, while I was at the Here We Go Magic show:


And finally, here's a preview of the goings-on for this weekend:

No comments: