Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Science?



Oh, dear - here's Georgia Congressman Jack Kingston on the Bill Maher t.v. show denying evolution (shortly after denying climate change), another embarrassment for our fine state. As far as the lack of "missing links" goes, new discoveries are constantly filling in the gaps in the fossil record, but every time a so-called "missing link" is discovered, a curious thing happens - creationists suddenly identify two more missing links, one from just before the newly discovered fossil and another from afterwards. So where there was once only one missing link, scientists are then asked to find two more. It never ends.

Saturday, the Jehovah's Witnesses stopped by again and left me some creationist literature as part of their on-going mission to try to convert me from my "scientific" point of view (and part of my karmic consequences for engaging them in this discussion to begin with). By now, I just smile and take their back issues of Watchtower and wish them a good day. There's no use arging with a closed mind, and my mind is not open to their ideas on creationism.

3 comments:

tom sheepandgoats said...

"By now, I just smile and take their back issues of Watchtower and wish them a good day. There's no use arging with a closed mind, and my mind is not open to their ideas on creationism."

It's not clear from this remark whose minds you regard as closed.....yours or theirs.

http://tinyurl.com/62basrk

Shokai said...

That was exactly my point. To be open minded, one first has to be aware which doors are presently shut.

Unknown said...

Each of us have different opinions and we should respect that. We just need to be open-minded when it comes to reality.