Sunday, March 28, 2010

I drove up to Chattanooga today, so at least I had some respite from the lack of heat here in my house. Today was a cool and rainy day, and when I got home, the temperature inside the house had dropped down to 61 degrees F. It's actually cooler inside the house than outside, although that sounds thermodynamically impossible.

I have tonight to continue practice of acceptance of things as they are, and tomorrow morning the servicemen are supposed to arrive and install my new furnace and I will write them a big fat check. But this evening, Eliot (who doesn't understand why it's so cold inside the house today) and I will curl up with some hot tea and watch some television and try to take our minds off of the chill.

It's like the weather in Mexico: chili today, hot tamale.

No comments: