Friday, February 26, 2010

FNV: The Room, The Sun, and The Sky


Due to what's sometimes been referred to as "compassion fatigue" I haven't yet posted anything about this year's tragedy in Haiti and I probably won't - it's all been said and there's nothing for me to do but to pledge support. That, and post this one cool video.

Meanwhile, L.A.'s Silversun Pickups open tomorrow night for Muse in Atlanta, or at least near Atlanta - they're playing out in the 'burbs at the Gwinnett [County] Civic Auditorium. They're a band I've wanted to see for a while, and I got talked into buying tickets for Muse a while back by a young woman that I met without even knowing who the opening act was going to be (cherchez la femme). The woman's long since vanished (femme fatale) - I don't have so much as a phone number or an email address for her now, so it looks like I'll be seeing the show without her.

"Lazy Eye" came out on Silversuns' first album, and it's one of my favorite songs of the past decade. Here's a surprisingly effective acoustic version of it from MTV's Unplugged (yes, it's apparently still on the air . . . ).


And here's the official video for the song, in all it's electric splendor. The instrumental passages are great, especially starting around the 3:30 mark - I love the way it keeps building up on itself and then releases the tension - but the video itself is rather lame. Still, though, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's show.

No comments: