Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Girl, Alone

Blah, blah, blah - enough about me (for now). Have you ever noticed how much longer my posts are when I'm talking about myself versus when I'm talking about anyone or anything else?

Here's something interesting with which to occupy our minds - Jessica Watson is a 16-year-old Australian girl who is sailing non-stop around the world, solo and unassisted. She set off from Sydney about a week ago, and has just passed Norfolk Island and left the Tasman Sea. When I was 16, I couldn't drive the family car to the supermarket and back, so I find this pretty amazing.

The best part is she's maintaining a blog of her voyage, so you can follow her daily progress. It's pretty informative and entertaining. I suggest that you keep an eye on it and support her brave journey.

No comments: