Wednesday, May 27, 2009

As I said yesterday, this year the Atlanta voter gets to vote for a new Mayor (Shirley Franklin is at the end of her second term and cannot run again), a City Councilperson for their District, the Council President, and three at-large Councilpersons. Each voter can choose to replace six out of 17 of the top city politicians. Time to make some big changes if one were so inclined.

I kow that I am. And tonight, to help put inclination into action, I went to a neighbor's home for a meet-and-greet for Yolanda Adrean, the candidate running for the Council seat for my District.

Yolanda served with me for two years on the Beltline Advisory Board, and impressed me with her good sense, people skills and willingness to listen to various points of view. She did a good job on the Q&A during tonight's meet-and-greet, and is so far running unopposed.

Change is coming to Atlanta ('bout time).

No comments: