Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Civic Duties

Yesterday, jury duty. Today, the Beltline advisory group.

I was summoned for jury duty for the second time in my life - but also for the second time in the past three years. They say that potential jurors are selected from voter registration lists, so I figure this was my penalty for voting for Obama. After showing up at the appointed time and date and sitting around for half a day, they excused half the crowd (including me). The anticipation was far worse than the actual duty.

Today, there was another meeting of the advisory board for the Beltline. More time off from work, but with little to show for the effort. We discussed the draft Environmental Impact Statement, but never reached any real conclusion. The most memorable vote of the meeting was the one wherein we voted to officially take a position not to take a position on another issue.

But at least I can take satisfaction out of knowing that I'm being a good citizen.

2 comments:

Uku said...

Mickey Spillane, yeah! I used to read those books when I was in high school. Marvellous stories. ;)

Shokai said...

Glad I brought back good memories. . . .