Thursday, April 26, 2007

25

GreenSmile said...
"I will miss the pictures very much."

The most frequent question I get in my email is, "Where do you get the pictures from?," to which I usually want to answer "The Internets, stupid," and then tell them not to leave their participles dangling.

And that's the problem with the Internets - the tendency to be glib, to be mean-spirited and arch when one's alone at one's keyboard. We forget that we're all caught up in the inescapable network of mutuality, and subject to cause and effect.

So meanwhile, back here in samsara, I wonder if I could get in trouble in these oh-so-sensitive times for posting the picture above. If it's any consolation, it's not the only picture of a kissing buffalo in the vast Shokai archives. There's also this:

Which is also closely related to this warning about overly sexualized bovine:

And if we're going to be totally juvenile, then there's this:

Well, do you?

So here I am, with only 25 days left to post until my self-imposed expiration date, one last chance to express the Buddhadharma to the world, or at least my understanding of the Buddhadharma, and what do I do?

Post silly pictures of kissing cows and bath-peeing bears.

Let the record show that WDW never took itself too seriously.

1 comment:

GreenSmile said...

"And that's the problem with the Internets - the tendency to be glib, to be mean-spirited and arch when one's alone at one's keyboard."

ah. Like most of what we think propels our lives, this is the source of more reflexive posting than you could fit on googles disk farms. and it is honesty or illusion depending on from where you are watching. But if all we did was observe and reflect but hold our peace????