Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Another night, another Beltline meeting, this one the first of a long series of meetings for developing study area master plans. Study groups are being formed for each area and are intended to provide a sort of "one-stop shop" for citizens interested in staying engaged and providing input into future Beltline planning and implementation.

Each study group is to appoint a Meeting Coordinator to serve as the point person for scheduling future meetings and communicating with the City's Beltline Team, and one of the purposes of tonight's meeting was to pick a Coordinator for the Northside subarea. And a Coordinator was picked - me. Which means, boy howdy, more Beltline meetings!

Actually, somebody else volunteered for the Coordinator role, which was fine with me. But as I was leaving the meeting, I was approached and told that there was a problem - the volunteer lives nowhere near this study area. Would I mind taking over for him?

What would life be like if you stop saying "no" to people, I've sometime wondered. I may be starting to find out.

No comments: