Thursday, February 01, 2007

Miserable morning: dark, rainy and cold (about two degrees above freezing). If it were a bit colder, it would have been snow and ice, and the entire City of Atlanta would have been shut down and no one would have had to go out in that foul weather, but as it was, it was just warm enough for the rain to be liquid, but cold enough to make it really miserable.

And it was raining really hard, too. Traffic was down to a crawl.

Of course, the City of Boston was shut down yesterday from what I understand, but the reasons had nothing to do with the weather.

But here in The ATL, it's winter, and we just have to deal with it. January's over (it always feels like the longest month of the year) and now we're in fleeting, 28-day February. Tomorrow's the full moon and ground-hog day. 2007 is 1/12 over.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to blog about today even as I sat down and started typing, but thought something might come to me. Shall I whine about the weather? The Boston "hoax?" Joe Biden's one-day presidential race? Or nothing at all?

I'm going to choose the latter.

2 comments:

GreenSmile said...

"one day presidential race"...that is funny.

If only Boston had the tiniest part of your sense of humor.

NY, which now employs as chief of police a formere Boston chief of police, never even got one phone call about "suspicious devices"...and sundry new yorkers swiped most of the silly gadgets from their perches anyway. I really don't know what to blame for the paroxysm of overreactive caution, the citizens or the cops, but either way, the situation betrays a sad loss of spirit, of curiosity and of humor in the body civic of Boston.javascript:void(0)
Publish Your Comment

GreenSmile said...

whoa!
if that "javascript" thingie I see now stays in the published comment, just know its not me...blahgrrr is pooping in its AJAX pants this morning.