Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Atlanta

After being in sesshin Thursday evening through Sunday afternoon, I caught a flight to Houston Sunday evening and began my new job.

I met with some old clients of mine who had some new work for me, even though they hadn't known before this trip that I had switched companies (I told them before we booked the meeting, however). They were also flying into Houston, and our two planes arrived from different cities at almost the exact same time, so I was able to catch a ride with them from the airport to the hotel. After we all checked in, we went out and got some dinner and caught up on each others news.

We got started at 7:00 am Monday morning, and met all day discussing and analyzing their new project. As soon as we were finished, we broke for dinner (party of eight) and ate (lots) at Fago de Chao. As soon as we finally finished with that feast, we went back to the hotel and watched the NCAA football championship game at a bar in the hotel lobby. I didn't get back to my room until after 11.

Today, we met at the same time for more discussion and analysis and finally broke around 2 pm, whereupon we all piled back into the clients' rental car and drove back to the airport. I caught an earlier flight than my itinerary had anticipated, and got home at about 8:30 pm.

So, on the first two days on the job, I've met, entertained and socialized with my clients for something like a total of 24 hours.

And it's not even Wednesday yet.

It's good to be busy again.

1 comment:

prince said...

Hype1.com covers everything related to

Entertainment and Nightlife, such as Nightclubs, Event Photos,

Restaurants,Special Events, Event Tickets, Maps, Photos, Dating, Hotels,

Hot Spots, Event Promoters, Fashion Shows and More! On Hype1 you can plan

your night by viewing thousands of nightclubs, events and restaurants

across many cities in the world. Remember , going out is easy, knowing

where, is not.