Thursday, June 01, 2006

When the mind is full of memories and preoccupied by the future, it misses the freshness of the present moment. In this way, we fail to recognize the luminous simplicity of mind that is always present behind the veils of thought.
- Claudine Longet

It's June. First day of hurricane season, and no storms in the Atlantic yet. But, hey, the first one of this year will be named Alberto, and there's just something festive sounding about that.

It's June, and on this day in 1948, Sonny Boy Williamson was killed in a mugging on the South Side of Chicago.

It's June, which rhymes with "spoon," "moon," "tune," and "waterballoon."

It's June, which makes me think of June Cleaver, which makes me think of the immortal line, "Ward, you were awful hard on the Beaver last night."

It's June, and I can't think of a goddamn thing to blog about.

3 comments:

Kathleen Callon said...

This image made me laugh. My sis-in-law's best friend is Sheri Moon (AKA Mrs. Rob/White Zombie).

Hope you have a great rest of your weekend.

Shokai said...

I'm a big Rob Zombie fan - I thought "House of a 1,000 Corpses" was a fucking masterpiece.

Kathleen Callon said...

Can't watch his movies, but he's a mellow and nice guy. He's very creative and smart His wife's a sweety, too.