Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I'm So Happy

"There is nothing clever about not being happy." - Arnaud Desjardins

The picture above is Small's Falls on the Sandy River near Rangely, Maine. I snapped this last Saturday on the way back to Kingfield with my mother, brother and nephew.

This evening, I was about to leave the office - it was well past five and I had already logged off and shut down the computer - when I answered the phone and took a call from an important client, and guess what?

I don't have to fly to Jackson, Mississippi tomorrow!

Nothing against Jackson - I love MSU - but I've been on the road a lot lately and would really appreciate a full week home. Plus it's raining like mad out, and forecast to continue into tomorrow, and who likes flying in the rain?

I got right on the phone with Delta, and cancelled tomorrow morning's flight.

Earlier today, the president of my company called me from Chicago and offered me a raise. Nothing significant, a token really, but a gesture that was very much appreciated.

When I got home, the rent check was (finally) in my mail box.

Funny how things work out in ways that you don't expect them to.

No comments: