Sunday, January 01, 2006

Every New Year's Day, people all over the world make resolutions to somehow change something about themselves. Don't even try to go near a gym or health club for the next 30 to 45 days. However, since they still go about their lives essentially the same way as before, most people typically find that they cannot keep their resolutions and they soon fall back to their own ways, and the gym is once again clear by Valentine's Day.

The way of effecting real change in oneself can be found by examining the root of the failed resolution. For instance, contemplate the statement "I want to be more mindful," and you can see how it quickly breaks down to the core delusion:

I want to be more mindful . . .

I want to be more . . .

I want to be . . .

I want to . . .

I want . . .

I . . .

No comments: