Monday, August 22, 2005

Practice the Dharma

Practicing the Dharma is to perceive the truth of pure nature, the truth that the myriad forms are empty.

There is neither "defilement" not "attachment," neither "this" nor "other." The Dharma does not have myriad beings, and thus remains untainted by the myriad beings. The Dharma has no self, and thus remains untainted by self.

The wise, if they grasp this truth, are in accord with the Dharma and live by this understanding. The Dharma-body lacks nothing, so the wise forsake and renounce their bodies, lives and wealth without regret. They abandon the empty world and, relying on nothing, without attachment, they give up all impurities. They are in accord with evolving life without grasping form. This is their personal practice, which benefits all others.

1 comment:

GreenSmile said...

The "common sense" perceptions of needs, physical, emotional, generational and so on, act to pull us back from approaching this startling and universal state of freedom you describe here. What is the way around such thinking as this: "How can I not have a self, be a self? If I am hungry or in pain, must there not be a "me" to feel this pain? I pinch myself to see if I am awake because pain is real. Even if words and sophistry are finally ambigous, I hurt therefore I am."