Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Pascagoula

Here's a picture of the hotel that I had been staying at in Pascagoula, near I-10 about ten or so miles inland, from the hotel's web site. Here's how the hotel looked last Monday. The picture's from a Mississippi newspaper's site. This Burger King was near the hotel; again about ten or so miles inland. And here's a picture of a chemical plant in Pascagoula after the storm. In Mobile, an oil rig ran up against a bridge over Mobile Bay. Finally, here's a monkey water skiing (included just so that this blog entry isn't all doom and gloom).

1 comment:

Mumon K said...

Wow; this is pretty screwed up.

You know, as I got older I realized, both in my personal life, as well as in other aspects of my life, that you've got to be prepared for the "system poops the bed" scenario.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's part of the American way...

I hope all's well...