Wednesday, June 15, 2005

If You Don't Do It Right the First Time, You're Doomed to Do It Over

The Zen Hike was originally scheduled to be last Saturday, but as has been well chronicled in this blog, it was cancelled due to the disappointing T.S. Arlene. But the Friday before the hike, I was in Chicago, and a little freaked out that I wasn't going to be getting back into town until 10:00 p.m. Friday, and probably not home until midnight the night before the hike.

Well, as it turns out, even if the hike had gone off as planned, everything would still have been just fine. I got in at about midnight, up at 6:30 the next morning, sent out the emails postponing the trip, and still went to the Zen Center to meet anyone who missed the emails. Piece of cake. I had plenty of energy to have hiked, if the weather had allowed that.

Well, the hike is rescheduled for this Saturday. But now it appears that I will be in Mobile the day before, and my plane doesn't get me back until . . . you guessed it - 10:00 p.m. So I won't get home until about midnight the night before the hike.

Once again.

No comments: