Wednesday, March 16, 2005


JustAGirl, who set me up with my gmail account (thanks!), notes that "Blogger is being a retard. Again." She's not talking about me. She's talking about Google's Blogger server, which apparently has been down since last night. Although I was able to post yesterday's picture to my blog, I wasn't able to post the accompanying text (there's IS an explanation of that picture, but now you'll probably never know what it was). Anyway, Blogger will allow me to only get as far as the Dashboard home page, but I cannot access my own files to compose a new post, or to edit posts, or to caption pictures. The only way this is getting posted (and as I sit here typing, I have no assurance that this will actually work), is by captioning a picture using Hello and sending it to Blogger, not a very efficient way of composing large bodies of text.

Post-Script: It's now 11:15 p.m., and Blogger is apparently finally back on line, although now it's too late and I'm too tired to write too much. My attempt to post the paragraph above was only partially successful, since I hit the "enter" button on my keyboard to start a new paragraph, but instead it sent the text on line before I had a chance to edit the text, or even finish my thought. Frustrating.

Anyway, I had a lot to say about the last very interesting couple of days. Also, I wanted to respond to GreenSmile's comment to my Monday post, share an email and even report on the local crime wave (a rash of car break-ins and thefts on my block). But all of that's going to have to wait until tomorrow or later as long as the creek don't rise, the City manages to keep the felons behind bars and Google keeps its server on line.

No comments: