Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Where Black Is the Color and None Is the Number


Today is the first full moon since the winter solstice, and already I can feel the days growing longer, the nights shorter.

Last night, I was very aware of the passage of time as I tossed and turned, unable to sleep. I estimate that I got about three hours of sleep - net, not all at once. An hour here, 90 minutes there.

The night seemed very long, indeed.

L. and I had a long, soulful talk this evening, interrupted by a third party's crisis. The crisis was a legitimate and necessary interruption (the party's in the hospital), but before the feces hit the fan, we were able to cover a lot of ground and hopefully not only resolve some of the issues that kept me up all night, but possibly build a foundation for a more sustainable way of being together.

Time will tell, and the longer days will give us the time to find out.

No comments: