Wednesday, January 05, 2005

This Is Not Funny


So, you're probably asking yourself, what's going on when I'm not talking about poinsettias, tidal waves, or the Titanic?

Sunday, I did successfully get the duct tape marks off of my car. It was a beautiful, warm (70s!) day, and I found a little baby garter snake (about 6 inches long) laying on the driveway. At first, I thought he was dead, that I had run him over or something, but I realized that he was only, I dunno, sleeping?, as his only move was a little wiggle after I poked him with my toe. I picked him up by his tail and set him back down on native ground, and that seemed to revive him - he slithered away under some leaves.

I like it that wild things live in this neighborhood - squirrels, chipmunks, foxes, and snakes.

Sunday night, I sat down to watch the Auburn-Virginia Tech game, only to realize that the last two games of the season weren't Sunday and Monday like I had thought, but rather Monday and Tuesday.

After the week off from work, my body rhythm is starting to get back to normal. I was able to put myself to bed around midnight Sunday; however, I woke up at 3:30 Monday morning and couldn't get back to sleep. I finally quit trying to sleep and got out of bed by 5:30, and actually made it to the office Monday morning before 8:00 a.m. Nobody was there to notice, though.

Monday night was the usual opening at the zendo, so I missed most of the Auburn-Virginia Tech game. On Tuesday night, I went to the Buckhead Community Planning Unit meeting, so I missed the first half of the Orange Bowl. Witch Doctor Jim might have won the pool, but at least Oklahoma didn't win the game for him. I know I said "no more spreadsheets," but for those of you keeping score at home, here's the final results:


Tonight, I was supposed to return to karate, but I was dragging butt all day and just didn't feel like going. Fuggit.

So that's the skinny. Any questions?

No comments: