Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Men

It's raining, it's pouring, and it's been raining and pouring since Friday. Ain't no sunshine.

And when it rains, it pours at work, too. Now that the holidays are approaching (four day weekend for Thanksgiving, followed by a five-day dive trip to Grand Cayman next week), clients have suddenly been coming out of the woodwork with short-fuse requests. It's gratifying that business is going well, but a challenge to balance all of their competing priorities with my own.

There was a meeting for the dive trip this evening, but due to the foul weather, only five of the 13 of us showed up. But I got my flight itinerary - I leave next Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.

And that's about all there is to say about today. But allow me to share an email I received today from an old co-worker and friend.

From: JW
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 4:45 PM
To: shokai2k4@hotmail.com
Subject: Man of the Year Awards

Once again we proudly bring your the Man of The Year Awards. We welcome your submissions for next year.

THE 2004 MAN OF THE YEAR AWARDS

The Third Place Award goes to Sean O'Flanders of Dublin



The Second Place award goes to Abdul Farouk of Kurdistan:



And, the First Place Award goes to Alexive Berchev of Siberia:



Congratulations to all our winners.

Men, try this in America and you may wake up missing Junior and the Twins.

1 comment:

Mumon K said...

Found your site. Not bad- better than most Buddhist blogs I've seen.

Check out my blog: http://mumonno.blogspot.com