Saturday, October 09, 2004

Saturday

As I said, I'm not very good with unstructured time. Oh, last night was okay: I stayed at work listening to the Red Sox game - at least until Vladimir Guerrero's seventh inning grand slam tied up the game, at which point I left the office and drove to the Zen Center. I got there right at 7:30, just as the services were about to begin. On the way home, I found out that Boston came back to win the game in extra innings - a three-game sweep into the ALCS! At home, I watched the second Presidential Debate before going to bed.

This morning, however, I slept until 9:00. Despite the long list of things to do that I composed yesterday, I spent most of the day vegging out and watching sports, although little of it was to my liking - the Braves lost Game Three of their series to the Astros, and the Bulldogs lost their first game of the season to Tennessee. Not a great day for Georgia teams. The Yankees won their series today, so at least I have a New York-Boston ALCS to look forward to.

I didn't quite spend the whole day in the house, however. At halftime of the Bulldogs game, I went out and fired up the leafblower. But that was about the extent of the physical activity today.

As the evening settled in, I thought about going out, but kept getting distracted - or distracting myself - with little side projects: laundry, reading, burning a few Miles Davis CDs to make some more room on my hard drive. I finally decided to just bag it and resign myself to spending a quiet day at home.

But tomorrow, as they say, is another day.

No comments: